The Itinerary SKETCH by Elegant Music
A celebration starts with music as guests arrive.
Music continues throughout the event with the occasional break for announcements.
Each part of your celebration can have its own music.
Though I am not a Wedding Planner or a Wedding Coordinator, however as a DJ/Master of Ceremonies and professional musician and am very interested in a well written itinerary.
An itinerary sketch is a place to put ideas and helps me to help my clients plan music and announcements for their special event.
An Itinerary Sketch is an Organizing Tool
- A well-written itinerary shows the progression of the event.
- The client can see their event from start to finish and have certainty that their vision has been understood.
- New ideas and concerns that come up are aligned with established ideas and inserted into the itinerary sketch.
Aligning Vendor Services.
- The client can use an itinerary sketch to align the services of the vendors they will be hiring. For example: Take your itinerary sketch when meeting with your Location, Caterer, Florist, Musicians or Photographer.
- A well written itinerary sketch is a communication to your wedding vendor and says that you understand your wedding.
- Getting an accurate quote from a vendor is much easier with an itinerary sketch to refer to. Before giving a quote the vendor will want to understand your wedding. An itinerary sketch communicates a lot about your wedding to a potential wedding vendor.
- In the early stages of planning, items on the itinerary sketch can be moved around and viewed one way and then another. The client and vendors can see the relationship between activities and can plan accordingly.
- On the “day of” wedding vendors given a copy of the completed itinerary can predict what is coming up in the event and will be in the right place at the right time and ready for the next activity. Actually it is better that your vendors receive your itinerary well in advance of your wedding day.
Organizing A Full Evening of Entertainment
- Many activities and services will come together on the day of your wedding. Your Itinerary sketch shows when activities such as toasts, music, food service will occur. It is a very good idea to work all of this out ahead of time and that it all makes sense, before your wedding day.
- The itinerary will develop and change as planning becomes complete. Once done or nearly done, it is easy to see your wedding day at a glance. There is peace of mind (for everyone) in a well written itinerary.
Please see downloadable itinerary sketches at this link: A Full Evening of Entertainment.
Live Music & DJ/Master of Ceremonies
- I think it is important to include scripted announcements as part of the itinerary. Then you have some control over what your MC will say. As a DJ/MC rehearsed scripted announcements is part of being prepared.
- The itinerary sketch assists the coordinator and Master of Ceremonies to maintain a smooth flow of the event.
- While the current presenter is presenting, the coordinator is making sure the next presenter is in the ready position (or at least in the room) and lets them know they are next to speak.
- Your wedding coordinator after considering many factors will have the final word on the itinerary.
Each Event is Unique
Collecting and organizing ideas is part of planning a successful event.
I look forward to speaking with you and hearing your ideas and helping you create an Itinerary SKETCH for your wedding!
Sincerely, Eric Zimmermann
Elegant Music 626-797-1795