“When hearing a familiar song from a happier time (perhaps when we were younger) we are in many ways transported back to that time and one’s day can be instantly brightened.”
Hello, my name is Eric Zimmermann. I am a DJ and Master of Ceremonies, Pianist and Bandleader. As a performer for private events, I look at the audience and imagine what music they like.
“Nostalgia” Wikipedia excerpt:
- Nostalgia… is considered to be an independent, and even positive emotion that many people experience often. Occasional nostalgia has been found to have many functions, such as improve mood, increase social connectedness, enhance positive self-regard, and provide existential meaning…
Read more at: wiki/Nostalgia
Interactive Programs using Nostalgia
Here are several titles of programs that I offer:
- “Where Were You When You Heard This Song?”
- “Songs On This Day In History.”
- “A Year in Song:” Songs for Each Month Of The Year.
“Where Were You Born? Songs From Your Home Town.”
- “Who had a birthday last month? Who is having a birthday this month? Who will have a birthday soon?”
Other interactive programs include:
- “Clap, Tap and Keep Time with The Music.”
- “Smile at you. Smile at me. Smile at someone else.”
- “The Sing-Along”
- “Let’s Make A Movie!”
Your Favorite Songs
Audience participation is certainly entertaining but knowing use of Nostalgia in a performance can be very theraputic. This is completely natural and available without a prescription.
Warning: Side effects can include: smiling, tapping one’s foot, clapping hands, increased awareness of one’s fellow audience members and general optimism :-)
Sincerely, Eric Zimmermann
Elegant Music 626-797-1795