The Dinner Dance | Wine Dinner
The Dinner Dance | Wine Dinner is all about dining and dancing. It is a simple format. Just think of it:
- 5:00 – 6:00 Guests arrive cocktail hour. (solo piano)
- 6:00 Chimes are rung. Doors open to the ballroom.
- (already setup in the ballroom) String Bass and Drums are added to the Piano to create a Trio.
- 6:00 – 6:15 Guests entering the ballroom take a turn on the dance floor.
- 6:15 – 6:40 seated to enjoy their first course with wine and conversation.
- 6:40 ish – 7:00 After their first course, guests are invited to the dance floor. The ensemble plays some easy ballroom dance tunes. During this short dance set the table is cleared and set for the next course.
- 7:00 – 7:20 Then with a nod from the banquet captain, an announcement is made inviting guests to be seated for their next course; more wine and more conversation.
- 7:20 – 7:40 After the second course the trio starts up again this time playing more upbeat yet elegant dance music. Again, while guests are enjoying themselves on the dance floor the table is cleared and set for the next course.
- 7:40 – 8:00 Guests are seated, next course is served, and so on.
That’s a Dinner Dance or Wine Dinner:
Dining and dancing alternate throughout the evening and everyone has a good time.
Sommolier / Wine Steward
The only thing I can think of that could be added to the above would be a 2 to 3 minute scripted presentation introducing each dinner course and wine paring. It may be that attendees could order cases of wine featured at the dinner :-)
Dinner Dance in a Secret Location with
The Elegant Music Jazz Trio
Sincerely, Eric Zimmermann
Elegant Music 323-270-3650